IF I AM INJURED, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
1. When you see your Health Care Provider, and you advise that your injury is work-related, your doctor will file the form on your behalf.
2. Report the injury, no matter how slight; to your employer with in forty-eight (48) hours. You may lose your rights if your injury is not reported promptly.
3. Ask your employer to completely fill out the Employer /Employees First Report of Injury Form which must be submitted to the Workers’ Compensation Administration no later than eight (8) days after the injury.
4. If time is lost from your job because of the injury, you must complete an Employees’ claim for compensation and submit to the administration.
5. To complete the claim you must also include:
a. Any police report or industrial accident report produced as a result of injury.
b. Certified copy of Employer’s Insurance Certificate or proof of insurance coverage at time of the accident.
c. A General Release of all relevant documents on a form prescribed by the agency.
If you should have any questions or concerns regarding your claim, you may contact the Employees Assistance Unit of the WCA for assistance.
4401 Sion Farm
| ||Location||2353 Kronprindsens Gade|
|Hours||M-F 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.|| ||Hours||M-F 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.|